Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Great Debate

Watch Michael Uhl Address The Issues As He Takes On Vincent Muscarella In The News 12 Debate

News12 Debate: Nassau County Legislature, 8th LD

When: Thursday, October 4, 2007

Times: 4:30 PM and 12 Midnight
- - -
From Michael Uhl's opening statement:

. . .my name is Michael Uhl, and my campaign is driven by the need for change, the need for full-time advocacy, and increased accountability, which are all at the core of solving the many property-tax crises we face today.

My opponent has been a Legislator since 1995. During his twelve-year tenure, Nassau County has experienced the worst fiscal crisis in its history and is now suffering through a property-tax crisis that is causing families to leave Nassau County.

My opponent has had six terms in office to address the tax problem. Sadly, the best he's done is to endorse a misleading tax plan to freeze assessments and issues press releases about air safety, sun protection, and babysitters.

I will cut costs by eliminating waste and consolidating public services across all levels of government. This type of reform would allow us to reduce taxes. Unlike my opponent I will work with Tom Suozzi to lower taxes, and at the same time identify new income streams to raise revenue for the County.

As a Water Commissioner, I created genuine reform despite many obstacles placed in my way. This benefited residents in the form of increased water safety and improved accountability to taxpayers.

I pledge this same spirit of change, reform and accountably to you the voters.

This is how it all begins. How it ends, on November 6th, is up to you!

No comments: